SUMMARY OF RESULTS
RE/MAX 2002 World Long Drive Championship
October 15 - 19, 2002
ACORN Golf participated as an "official sponsor" of the RE/Max 2002 World Long Drive Championship held in Mesquite, Nevada from October 15-19, 2002. ACORN Golf also used this event to introduce its new three-inch Perfect-Tee designed for golfers like RE/MAX competitors who use an oversized driver head and/or like to tee their golf ball up high. The LDA selected the 3.0-inch Perfect-Tee as the "official golf tee of the LDA" for the RE/MAX event and for all 2003 LDA sponsored events. This new, innovative, and proprietary golf tee was enthusiastically received and embraced by many RE/MAX-LDA competitors, most of the amateur golfers who competed in the Pro-Am golf tournaments, and by many of the spectators who attended the various day and evening events over the five days.
• There were 168 total adult competitors in the Open, Senior, and Women's Divisions.
• For an estimated 113 (or 67%) of the competitors the 3.0-inch Perfect-Tee was not long enough. This means that the 3.0-inch Perfect-Tee was long enough for an estimated 55 (or 33%) of the competitors.
• Of the 55 competitors where the Perfect-Tee was long enough - 27 (or 49%) used the Perfect-Tee during competition.
• There were 21 finalists in the competition using the Perfect-Tee in the three adult Divisions: Open - 8, Senior - 8, and Women's - 5.
• Of the 21 competitors in the finals, 4 (or 19%) used the Perfect-Tee.
Finalists who used the Perfect-Tee were:
Pat Dempsey Winner (342 yards)
Mike Gorton Second Place (336 yards)
John Tutty Fifth Place (319 yards)
Jo D. Duncan Second Place (286 yards)
There were many other RE/MAX-LDA competitors who would have used the Perfect-Tee, if the Perfect-Tee were longer than three-inches (the desired length as expressed by many RE/MAX-LDA competitors was between 3.5 to 4.0 inches). However, many of the RE/MAX-LDA competitors did use the three-inch Perfect-Tee in the various Pro-Am Golf tournaments and recommended it highly to many of the amateur golfers who also participated.
Other noteworthy accomplishments of the Perfect-Tee:
• Steve Monroe had the longest drive in the first day of Open Competition - 363 yards.
• Carl Wolter, Winner of the Open Division (384 yards) really liked the three-inch Perfect-Tee but it wasn't long enough for him to use in competition. However, he played with it during Pro-Am golf tournaments and recommended it highly to his amateur playing partners.
• Dwight Pope, Jr. who was one of the nine amateur golfers who defeated John Daly in the Pinnacle Long Drive Competition on Friday night also found the three-inch Perfect-Tee to be too short for use in the long drive competition, but e-mailed "The Perfect Tees that I have brought home with me have been a big hit around here with the people I play with. They like them and play with some of the ones I received. I say nothing but good things about it"
• Feedback from many of the amateur golfer participants in the Pro-Am golf tournaments was very favorable.
• There was definitely a "buzz" throughout the five-day event regarding the Perfect-Tee.
In less than two months of talking and working with Art Sellinger, Owner of the LDA, the Perfect-Tee became the "official golf tee" of the LDA, as well as the RE/MAX World Long Drive Championship. Art Sellinger's approved quote is: "I've tested the product and seen its benefits."
There will be several television specials on the RE/MAX event in the next several months:
• ESPN - December 21st and December 25th
• Sky Sports - November 11th and December 11th - shown twice each day.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- About The Perfect Tee Golf Tee
Details specification on The Perfect tee and why it "makes a difference"
- Perfect Tee Product Shopping Cart
The Perfect Tee online order form to purchase golf tees and accessories
- Advantages of the Perfect-Tee
The Perfect-Tee provides greater confidence and consistency.
The Perfect Tee National Video
National video commercial on the Perfect Tee. View larger version...
- Evolution of the Golf Tee
See where The perfect Tee falls in the evolution of the golf tee.
- Our Guarantee
Our guarantee to you.
- Hit Straighter & More Accurate Drives With The Perfect Tee Golf Tee
Survey results indicate users hit straighter and more accurate drives with the Perfect Tee compared to a wood golf tee.
- Play more Consistency & Confidence Golf with The Perfect Tee Plastic Golf Tee
Survey results indicate users play more consistence with the Perfect Tee compared to a wood golf tee.
- Consistent Ball Height
The two legs and arch design of the Perfect-Tee assure consistent ball height each and every time.
- Conforms with USGA and R&A Rules
Official letters that The Perfect Tee is accepted.